jueves, 7 de mayo de 2009

My career, my future...

I’m a psychology student, I study this because when I was younger I started to be interested in this area when I had the subject of philosofy at school, I thought it was an amazing area where you can do many things, but above all things I was interested in helping people to deal with theirs problems and helping them to have a good mental health.
In society we can be agents of changes in many levels, I mean, educational level, communitary level, and helping people to get a better quality of life.
The main tools that we must to have are the ability to contact with the other person deeply, it means, being emphatic, tolerant, comprehensive, impartial, frustration tolerant (you CAN'T save the world, even when you want it from the bottom of your soul), good listener, patient and to know when or how to talk, and one important ability is being strong and not so sensitive, because there’s a cruel reality outside where we will intervene and deal with.
My favorite subject is clinical psychology I like that area, I’m keen on health area and making therapeutic interventions, also I like clinical neuropsychology which treates neurological patients .
I’d would like to work with handicapped children and with their parents helping them in the rehabilitation process either in adaptation process to desease or neurorehabilitation in fact.

1 comentario:

  1. Some suggestions
    -"philosophy at...."
    -"..with their problems.."
    -"we must have..."
    -" I would like to work.."
    Very good
    LICI

    ResponderEliminar